Thursday, February 01, 2007

New work in progress

Hey, well i just wanted to share a new painting i'm still tweaking with for the next "I AM 8-BIT" show for Gallery 1988. it's based on Contra. remember Contra? REMEMBER!!!


Title: "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right,...WHAT!?!"
medium: acrylic on canvas
size: 30" x 24"


there are still a lot of little things that i want to fix on it, but because of time restraints and that the gallery is looking to get most people's works to them for their press releases, here it is. don't remind me that the photo sucks. i know it sucks. DAMNIT I KNOW!! Even Mark Murphy's told me that my photo skills are the sucks. unfortunately i don't have proper equiptment or know how to take a good photo of paintings, especially for print. so if any of you out there know how to properly capture souls through the lenses of a digital magic picture box, please, TEACH ME!!

oh yeah, to further embarrass myself by showing you my mad photo skills, i have these to show you from the other day on my way to and from work.


it's hard to tell, but my entire car had a thick shell of ice around it. took me awhile just to chisel the ice away to get in.




This is where i work at. The Russel Industrial center. it looks like it'd be the coolest place to be at for a zombie infestation.



well that's about that for photos right now. i have a bunch of shows coming up for the next few months, so i'll keep posting them up here for you to keep updated if you care.
i'll do it later though, i just got done teaching and i'm drained. not really from class, but just in general. i felt bad because i kind of took some frustration out on my students today. oh well, they'll get over it. bruises heal over time just as long as you're able to lie about how you got them :)

OR ELSE!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger CMR said...

I used to make deliveries to a bindry in the russel industrial center. I got chased by wild dogs once, and almost fell through a hole in the floor another time, that place is mad quality!

You need some diffused light and magic to make the good photograph, magic is the only thing that works for me.

10:35 PM  
Blogger the chung said...

yeah i think i've been to that bindry. it's the building across from the one i'm in. it's creepy in there. we had to cart a stack of Shag's prints over there to get them cut because our cutter was too small. we didn't get chased by wild dogs though, we got chased by rabid hookers. times have changed i guess.

thanks for the tip on magic taking

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home